Heavy plate for protection engineering
Special armored vehicles, secure vehicles for delivery of cash and valuables, building and facade protection require maximum protection with minimum weight.
DIFENDER and DIPRO are defined as high strength alloyed quenched and tempered steels with particular resistance to ballistic attacks, explosives and fragments. The steel is preferably used in applications where the lowest possible armor weight is required. Due to the steel’s performance, it is possible to use it in both civilian and military applications.
The DIFENDER and DIPRO steel grades exceed the requirements of key standards. The selection of steel grades is ultimately defined by the individual safety requirement. Evidence of the ballistic properties according to VPAM and STANAG, amongst others, is of course provided by accredited laboratories. Needless to say, the excellent processing properties of the safety steels during cutting, edging, forming and welding are also documented by appropriate test series. Every order begins with an individual consultation with the customer conducted by our experienced specialists.
Benefits at a glance
- Meets the highest safety requirements even at minimum thickness
- Meets international standards
- Outstanding processing properties
- Available from stock, as plate and pre-fabricated
- Small quantities ex-works
- Individual consultation by experts
- Wide range of grades: 400 – 600 HB
- Extreme plate dimensions, depending on the chosen quality and requirement profile
- Thickness: 6 to 150 mm
- Width: up to 3,300 mm
- Cost-effective production due to special properties
- Maximum weight saving
- Custom special solutions
For more information please visit our website: protection