Heavy plate for offshore
Whether foundations for wind turbines, oil and gas platforms or floating equipment: Dillinger heavy plates and the components manufactured out of them are among the most significant construction elements for offshore applications worldwide. Their carefully designed properties, large formats and high item weights enable them to enduringly withstand the forces of wind and water. By using continuous cast slabs in thicknesses of up to 600 mm and cast ingots as feed material for particularly thick, heavy plates combined with state-of-the-art analysis and rolling concepts, we open up new design perspectives and reduce welding needs. The technically and economically optimal solution makes our heavy plates suitable for the construction of special ships used for commissioning or maintaining offshore installations.
Our thermomechanically rolled plates in the most extreme dimensions set unmatched standards in the manufacture of foundations for offshore wind turbines as well as jackets and topsides for platforms. High strength quenched and tempered steels in the 690 MPa yield strength used for legs of jack-up platforms or wind turbine installation vessels are manufactured in plate thicknesses of up to 250 mm. Upon request, Dillinger’s Heavy Fabrication division will undertake the individual processing of welding edges, especially for plates used for the foundations of wind turbines, thus increasing your production efficiency. It also handles the cutting of gear racks and makes chords for stiffening jack-up legs. Compliance with the tightest tolerances is a matter of course for us.
Benefits at a glance
- Dillinger delivers large quantities of plates on schedule and in tight time frames for your demanding projects.
- A wide and extensive range of approvals according to the regulations of classification societies. Amongst others:
- DNV GL
- Heavy plates according to all common standards with welding reports
- EN 10025/10225
- API 2W, 2Y und 2H
- Extreme plate dimensions and high item weights
- Less welding as a result
- Thermomechanically rolled fine grain structural steels
- Thickness: up to 150 mm
- Width: up to 4,650 mm
- Yield strength: 355 MPa to 500 MPa
- Item weight: up to 42 t
- High strength quenched and tempered structural steels
- Thickness: up to 250 mm
- Yield strength: 690 MPa
- Notched impact strength down to -60 °C